Fabricates and assembles metal products, and supports others doing the same, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Operate welding equipment (MIG, TIG &/or Spot) to weld components together.
- Sets up welding equipment
- Blueprint reading.
- Lifts, positions, and removes pieces for welding.
- Marks reference points to assist in layout.
- Loads, stacks, and transports stock and work in process by hand or truck.
- Attaches grappling equipment to pieces to prepare piece for moving by crane or jib.
- Grind, clean, polish parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools
- Performs visual inspection of all components handled and some dimensional inspections using simple measurement devices
- Cleans work area, machines, tools, and equipment. Performs other routine duties.
- All other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Associates must be able to successfully work independently and also as a team member. A good attendance history (reliability) and a demonstrated ability to learn new concepts and skills is a must. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months experience in MIG and/or TIG welding steel, stainless and/or aluminum and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with little or no assistance and occasionally lift and/or move greater weights with mechanical assistance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.